Zum Inhalt springen
- Verdi, the German union, is calling for nationwide strikes in the ongoing labor dispute with Deutsche Post.
- The union is calling for the strikes to increase pressure on the management in negotiations and to encourage them to make concessions.
- The strikes have already caused significant disruptions, with over 30,000 employees participating in strikes last week and thousands more expected to join in the upcoming strikes.
- An asteroid named "2023 BU" passed close to Earth on Friday morning, coming within approximately 3600 km of the planet's surface.
- The asteroid, which is about the size of a delivery truck, was discovered by an amateur astronomer just a week ago.
- NASA and other scientists have determined that there is no risk of the asteroid colliding with Earth.
- German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius has referred to the delivery of German Leopard tanks to Ukraine as "unavoidable."
- Pistorius stated that Ukraine needs to be supported in order to fight against Russia.
- Ukraine president Selenskyj has requested more support, including long-range missiles, artillery, and combat aircraft.